Thursday, September 9, 2010

So...about that...

So...about that class reunion in October that I was pumped about.

 I received an e-mail today informing me that it's been canceled due to "low participation."

The brief convo to the left happened after I mentioned the cancellation in my status message.  Boooo I say...BOOOOOO!

My main question is why someone who told me directly that she didn't want to attend because of "wahh wahhh wahhhhh" is asking why it's cancelled...Puzzles me. There are some who really CAN'T come. I don't know what to make of those who live within an hour (or worse yet, in Hinesville) and plan on staying home.

I don't have much else to say about this aside from the fact that I hope those of us who wanted to go will still come together for a small but very spirited gathering...

There's actually a guy who's booked his flight from California to attend yet it was those who are a stone's throw away who pretty much broke up the party. They are lame. I hope they read this...

#thatisall

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps some people don't want to revisit high school in one sense or another. I know I can give a flying flip about attending my H.S. reunion because those were some of the worse years of my life. Another reason could be folk may be burdened by the implications of not "impressing" folk with what they are doing 1o years later. Who knows? Maybe you know? On a random note why does your blog resemble the inside of RoboCop's thigh casing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. I'm not going to answer your thoughts on this in detail because I'll probably offend you. LOL...I will say this:

    Unless a person was severely bullied (I'm thinking 'Carrie' style), I don't see the issue. There's no way I'm going to allow something that happened when I was 14-17 years old follow me into adulthood. I mean...I'm nearly 30. Real super grown. People change. I'm not the same person I was when I was 16...I'm sure that's not a unique situation ...#justsayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can agree to disagree but I would still wonder would be the merit to attending an event with people you never were friends with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. True...I was cool with a lot of people, would even go as far as to call a few of them friends. We just had different high school experiences.

    ReplyDelete