Monday, December 21, 2009

101 Things in 1,001 Days?

I got this idea from someone I've web stalked for years (yes...years). She explains the idea behind the 1,001 days here. I'm probably going to keep track of my successes and failures here. No need to start yet another blog. I barely keep up with those I already have.

What is it?: A list of things that I'm going to set out to complete in the next 1,001 days.
Why are you doing this?: To shake things up a bit and to get more into goal setting in my personal life (not just work life).
When do you start:? January 1 is the official date but life won't end if I complete one or two more things before then.

I have some of my list completed.

In no particular order:
  1. Drink water only for 40 days straight
  2. Start a business side hustle that makes at least $200/month
  3. Change my hair
  4. Lose 15 pounds or 15% of my current body fat (long story)
  5. Take a guitar or piano lesson
  6. Share some of my poetry ramblings at an open mic
  7. Go on a short term missions trip
  8. Go on a cruise
  9. Visit my grandmother alone for the weekend
  10. Learn to swim
  11. Take a dance class with Warren
  12. Slowly but surely become a pescetarian
  13. Serve during Christmas or Thanksgiving at a soup kitchen
  14. Babysit Imani for a summer
  15. Send a handwritten letter to my mother, my aunt, my grandmother and my great grandmother expressing my love and appreciation for them
  16. Learn, once and for all, how to crochet
  17. Read the entire Bible in chronological order twice
  18. In Summer 2010 or 2011, wear a dress for 7 days straight
  19. Abstain from fried food for 40 days
  20. Actively seek out a teenaged girl to disciple
  21. Actively seek out someone to disciple me (may have already found this one)
  22. Spend one month away from Facebook and all favorite blogs
  23. Advertise my loc maintenance services
  24. Exclude fried food from diet for 30 days
  25. Go on a cruise
  26. Cut up all credit cards
  27. Stop picking my fingers
  28. Write a play
  29. Attend a play
  30. Attend the Savannah Jazz Festival
  31. Have a picnic on Sweetheart Circle
  32. Go to an NBA game with Warren
  33. Take a photography class
  34. Reconnect with an old friend
  35. Support a missionary
  36. Run/Walk in a 5K
  37. See Mint Condition in concert
  38. Go ice skating
  39. Travel overseas
I'll continue to update this list as I add new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment