Saturday, September 18, 2010

Insomniac ramble


  1. 2+2=5
  2. A video of  Waka Flocka Flame is in heavy rotation on many blogs and Facebook newsfeeds due to his less than intelligent answers to questions regarding education and voting. I want to laugh but it's not funny. I watched the video and felt bad for him...and for the YBY.  I don't mean this in a condescending way either. I REALLY feel bad for him that people are calling this dude an idiot and pretty much using him as a means to feel better about themselves. It appears that Terrance knew he was going into unknown territory with Mr. Flocka, as did Rocsi, which explains why she threw her head back in laughter when the interview turned "serious." Click here if you like watching train wrecks.
  3. Recently discovered that Bible Gateway allows you to type in a passage to be read aloud in almost every translation. I may be late, but it's super cool. Check it out.
  4. Warren is running his first 5K tomorrow. I should jack him up for doing one of my 101 Things (remember that? I'm still working on it! Ha!)
  5. A "scaled down" version of my 10 year high school reunion is still on. #ohletsdoit
  6. To Die is Gain is still probably one of the best rap albums I've ever heard. Stephen the Levite's flow is kinda ridiculous.
  7. Speaking of CHH, I haven't bought a new album in a minute. Heard the single from Trip's album and pretty much passed it up. Think the same is going to happen with Lecrae's new joint. We do have Sho's second album. It was cool for the most part. Heard about A Yellow Man the other day. They have me excited again. I definitely want to branch out once I get other things settled.
  8. Been listening to Line of Fire lately to give myself a break from Fighting For the Faith. FFTF is an apologetics show at it's core, and sometimes it can be a bit much. Might be time to retire all these radio shows and hit up Sermon Audio and TPC Sermons
  9. Lies My Pastor Told Me. No, I'm not talking about my pastor. I'm talking about an eBook available for download that addresses 15 of the most popular church cliches of the day. Read it if you dare. Totally free.
  10. Found out a woman I went to college with died yesterday at a dialysis appointment. It's still kinda surreal. We weren't close by any means, but we did work together for a couple of summers...even stepped together for 2 years during our freshmen and sophomore years. Never know when your time is up. "Oh Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am. Behold, you have made my days a few headbreaths and my lifetime is as nothing before you. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath...." RIP Frances.
  11. Why am I still awake?

No comments:

Post a Comment